Tuesday, September 7, 2010

lawn-solar-power

2
purchased a 45W Solar Panel Kit from Harbor Freight a couple weeks ago (three 15W solar panels and a cheapie charge controller for $199), but had problems with the controller right off the bat. I messed around with it for a couple of days before deciding that it was junk and started checking around for a better one. On the advice of some friends and a silver-tongued tech rep at Xantrex, I purchased a Xantrex C40 solar controller on eBay for $112. This is about twice what I had wanted to pay and a bit of overkill for my immediate application, but since I have a couple more solar electric projects in mind and wanted to keep my options open, I opted for the C40 because it seemed to have plenty of power (40 amps) and be the ultimate in flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment